Developed and Tested in IDEA v10.4
NOTE: ukx-with-selection.zip contians 2 scripts: ukx-step-1.iss and ukx-step-2.iss
This is a general purpose tool. For convenience, please copy the scripts to Macros.ILB folder of Local Library and add the script to the ribbon using Customize Ribbon option.
How to use:
- Run ukx-step-1.iss script or invoke it from the ribbon.
- Select a database. (User can cancel the operation from this dialog.)
- Select a key column and also select whether to include all keys or exclude all keys to start with (User can cancel the operation from this dialog.)
- A summarization is performed to determine the number of keys.
- A multi-state column is added to this summarization for selecting keys.
- INCLUDE column of all rows set to tick when Include All was selected and set to blank when Exclude All was selected
Selecing/De-selecting keys (performed by the user)
- Click on the INCLUDE column to cycle through the multi-state values
- A tick mean the key is included.
- Anything other than a tick (x or ? or blank) means the key is excluded.
Key Value Extraction:
- Run ukx-step-2.iss script with the selection screen as the current database
- One database is created for each selected key
- A log of actions performed is available for review